1 / 15
2 / 15
3 / 15
4 / 15
5 / 15
6 / 15
7 / 15
8 / 15
9 / 15
10 / 15
11 / 15
12 / 15
13 / 15
14 / 15
15 / 15
Gibson MK-72 Restoration
New hard shell case included
Sound is very nice. Full harmonic overtones are present.
This guitar offers nice play-ability and perfect intonation.
Action is Low-E 5/64 High_E 4/64-5/64 at the 12th fret.
Because of the new X-bracing, sound is much better than
Neck was reset.
Back was removed, braces removed, new braces installed.
- Bracing - X-pattern premium quarter sawn tapered Sitka spruce.
- Bridge plate - Rock maple (All of our bridge plates are Rock Maple)
- Pin Bridge - Brazilian Rosewood
- Saddle - Graph Tech TUSQ
- Nut - Vintage bone
- Bridge Pins - Ebony
- End pin - Ebony
- Frets - all new high profile
- Truss Rod cover - shop made mahogany
- Neck - Maple, laminated
- Top - AA grade solid spruce
- Back and sides - Solid Indian Rosewood
- Fret board - Rosewood.
- Truss Rod - original
- Pick guard - Clear plastic
- Tuners - Original Schaller
- Top is new and in excellent condition.
- Back has four cracks, one developed near the lower bout which is visible. The other cracks are almost invisible, though you can
feel them with your fingers. Also there is damaged (stabilized) binding at several places.
- Gear head back and face are good.
- Neck is straight and plays like a rock guitar. Truss rod is very effective.
Some finish missing at the lamination seams. This does not affect play at all.
Due to shipping risk, and because the sale price is so low, no returns.
Moonlightluthiers - Have Pick, Will Travel