1 / 16
2 / 16
3 / 16
4 / 16
5 / 16
6 / 16
7 / 16
8 / 16
9 / 16
10 / 16
11 / 16
12 / 16
13 / 16
14 / 16
15 / 16
16 / 16
Hold CTRL and press "+" or "-" to increase or decrease page size
Harmony H1203 Sovereign (Branded as Barclay) X-braced conversion (#402)
Hard Shell Case is included. Case is in very good condition, but not new.
Back was removed, top braces removed, new braces installed.
Back braces are rounded and sanded smooth.
Structurally speaking, this is in excellent condition.
Reset was done.
Action is 4/64 at the 12th fret. Low-E is a bit higher.
This is an excellent sounding "Western Special" X-brace conversion.
We pay attention to fine details. The inside back and sides are cleaned up and sanded smooth.
We chip out all of the glue globs. Braces are tapered and sanded smooth. Serial numbers (if any) are preserved.
We use a drill press and reamer to install new solid metal bushings and modern tuners. We do what Harmony should have done 50 years ago.
Before installing new tuners, I fill every tuner hole with solid wood, repair the finish and drill new tuner screw holes.
I do this on all Harmony restorations.
As received, this guitar had several cracks in the sides. All cracks are comprehensively stabilized and repaired.
- Bracing - X-pattern premium quarter sawn tapered Sitka spruce.
- Bridge - Indian rosewood
- Nut - vintage bone
- Saddle - Martin spec bone
- Bridge Pins - Waverly Ebony
- End pin - Waverly Ebony
- Fret board binding - new abs
- Tuners - Stewmac Golden Age Restoration (2503) with solid metal bushings
- Frets - all new high profile
- Pick guard - shop made
- Truss Rod Cover - Shop made black (Not shown in the images, but will be installed)
- Neck - Solid Mahogany classic C-shape like older Martin
- Top - Solid spruce
- Back and sides - solid Honduras mahogany
- Fret board - Indian Rosewood
- Top -No crack, several scratches.
- Sides - There was a very bad crack on one side. When you receive the guitar look inside. You will see very substiancial repairs.
- Back - NO cracks. Good condition.
- Peg head face is very nice.
- Neck is excellent.
- The guitar will have a strap button installed on the upper bout. This is not yet showing. (Again, never install
a strap peg in the neck heel on Harmony guitars. Never!!)
- The upper bout finish has dust showing. This will be cleaned before shipping.
MOONLIGHTLUTHIERS - Have Pick Will Travel