1 / 17
2 / 17
3 / 17
4 / 17
5 / 17
6 / 17
7 / 17
8 / 17
9 / 17
10 / 17
11 / 17
12 / 17
13 / 17
14 / 17
15 / 17
16 / 17
176 / 17
Hold CTRL and press "+" or "-" to increase or decrease page size
Harmony H1203 Sovereign V-braced conversion (#353) NOT FOR SALE
Price: $625 NOT FOR SALE
Mint hard shell case is optional - add $100 (our cost)
Back was removed, braces removed, new braces installed.
Structurally speaking, this is in excellent condition.
Reset was done.
Action is 4/64 at the 12th fret. Low-E is a bit higher.
This is a great sounding "Western Special" brace conversion.
We pay attention to fine details. The inside back and sides are cleaned up and sanded smooth.
We chip out all of the glue globs. Braces are tapered and sanded smooth. Serial numbers (if any) are preserved.
Back braces are rounded and sanded smooth. We use a drill press and reamer to install new
solid metal bushings and modern tuners. We do what Harmony should have done 50 years ago.
- Bracing - V-pattern premium quarter sawn tapered Sitka spruce.
- Bridge - Indian rosewood matching the fret board.
- Nut - vintage bone
- Saddle - vintage bone
- Bridge Pins - Waverly Ebony
- End pin - Waverly Ebony
- Fret board binding - new abs
- Tuners - Stewmac Golden Age Restorations (2503-N) with solid metal bushings
- Frets - all new high profile
- Neck - Solid Mahogany classic C-shape like older Martin
- Top - Solid spruce
- Back and sides - solid Honduras mahogany
- Fret board - Brazilian rosewood
- Truss Rod Cover - original white (broken tip) not showing but will be installed using original Harmony screws.
- Pick guard - None.
- Neck is excellent except for some tape residue on the knee side of the heel. There are also several
dings. Exceptional playability on all frets.
- Action is 4/64" at the 12th fret. Low-E is slightly higher.
- Top excellent. Zero play wear, no dings, original finish, no cracks. There is one big scratch west of the sound hole.
- Sides have no cracks
- Peg head face is nothing to brag about. A previous owner had seriously oiled the tuners. There was oil all over the
face. Since the finish was damaged we had to remove the finish and the oil to prevent further damage. Those areas were refinished.
- Back has a filled screw hole where a strap button was installed. That is a bad location.
- The guitar will have a strap button installed, but not showing.
- The fret board has smutz showing. This will be cleaned perfectly.
MOONLIGHTLUTHIERS - Have Pick Will Travel