1 / 15
2 / 15
3 / 15
4 / 15
5 / 15
6 / 15
7 / 15
8 / 15
9 / 15
10 / 15
11 / 15
12 / 15
13 / 15
14 / 15
15 / 15
Hold CTRL and press "+" or "-" to increase or decrease page size
Harmony H1203 Sovereign V-braced conversion (#370)
Original cardboard case included
Back was removed, braces removed, new braces installed.
Structurally speaking, this is in excellent condition.
Reset was done.
Action is 4/64 at the 12th fret. Low-E is a bit higher.
This is an excellent sounding "Western Special" brace conversion.
We pay attention to fine details. The inside back and sides are cleaned up and sanded smooth.
We chip out all of the glue globs. Braces are tapered and sanded smooth. Serial numbers (if any) are preserved.
Back braces are rounded and sanded smooth. We use a drill press and reamer to install new
solid metal bushings and modern tuners. We do what Harmony should have done 50 years ago.
- Bracing - V-pattern premium quarter sawn tapered Sitka spruce.
- Bridge - Indian rosewood
- Nut - vintage bone
- Saddle - vintage bone
- Bridge Pins - Waverly Ebony
- End pin - Waverly Ebony
- Fret board binding - new abs
- Tuners - Stewmac Golden Age Restorations (2503-N) with solid metal bushings
- Frets - all new high profile
- Neck - Solid Mahogany classic C-shape like older Martin
- Top - Solid spruce
- Back and sides - solid Honduras mahogany
- Fret board - Rosewood
- Truss Rod Cover - original white
- Pick guard - Original
- Top is good. Zero play wear, original finish, no cracks. There are two bad impact areas on the top. One area
to the right of the bridge. The other is to the left. Both areas are comprehensively repaired and stabilized. It does
not appear that either area is trough the top wood.
- Sides very good, except there is a damaged areas near the tail block. This was repaired and stabilized - easy to do
when the back is off. This is yet another benefit to removing the back for brace replacement. Damage is easy to repair very
- Peg head face is excellent.
- Neck is excellent. However, as you can see in the images, the heel is cracked. No big deal since the dovetail
does not extend that far. Some yea-who tried to install a screw through the neck block.
- The guitar will have a strap button installed on the upper bout. This is not yet showing. (Again, never install
a strap peg in the neck heel on Harmony guitars. Never!!)
- The upper bout finish has smutz showing. This will be cleaned perfectly.
MOONLIGHTLUTHIERS - Have Pick Will Travel