Harmony H1260 Sovereign (branded as Regal) V-braced conversion (#346)
Factory fresh hard shell case available for $120 (our cost)
This is actually a Harmony Sovereign H1260 body with a Regal neck. In my opinion the necks with the wider
Regal peg head were made by harmony. All dimensions are exactly the same as a Harmony H1260 except that
the peg head is wider and longer. They even glued (or not glued) the dovetail joint the same way.
Sound is outstanding with full harmonic overtones and crunchy bass even with light gauge strings.
Neck was reset.
Back was removed, braces removed, new braces installed.
We almost always replace the heel cap, which is usually loose or crumbling.
The bridge has a full sized spruce plate (under the top) with a smaller rock maple pin reinforcement in the center.
Bridge pins are machine turned and longer than usual.
As usual, satisfaction is guaranteed. Returns allowed, no questions asked.
We pay attention to small details. The inside back and sides are cleaned up and sanded smooth. Back braces are rounded and sanded smooth.
We chip out the glue globs. Top braces are tapered and sanded smooth. Serial numbers (if any) are preserved.
We do what Harmony should have done 50 years ago.
- Bracing - V-pattern premium quarter sawn tapered Sitka spruce.
- Pin Bridge - Rosewood
- Bridge plate - super light experimental (Spruce and rock maple)
- Saddle - vintage bone, compensated
- Nut - Vintage bone
- Bridge Pins - Custom made Brazilian Rosewood
- End pin - Ebony
- Frets - all new high profile
- Tuners - Stewmac (2503)
- Pick guard - Shop made black. Presently, the guard is attached with a tiny piece of double stick tape.
If you like the guard, we can install for you, or you can attach or not when you receive the guitar. I fully admit our
shop made guards are not as nice as the injection molded originals.
- Neck - Solid Honduras mahogany. Classic C shape (not thick)
- Top - Solid spruce
- Back and sides - Solid Honduras mahogany
- Fret board - I have no idea what the wood is. It is very hard with consistent grain. While it does appear to be dyed,
it not what I would call ebonized. It was sanded smooth. Zero chip-out when the extension was removed and
zero chip-out when frets were removed.
- Truss Rod cover - original
- Truss Rod - original
- Top - No cracks. Several pick wear marks west of the sound hole not through the finish. A good number of small scratches and dings none through the finish.
- Body - Nice and clean throughout. Several small dings on the back.
- Gear head back and face are excellent.
- Neck is structurally sound. Finish is very good. Some minor wear marks. There is a crack on the heel. This will not accept thin CA glue, so I do not
believe this is a problem. Anyway, our cherry dovetail shims do reinforce.
- Bridge attachment area. There is some smutz visible north of the bridge. This is caused by a prior attempt to remove the bridge. Not done by us.
Please note: many sellers do not accept returns. We do. We are all about customer satisfaction. We are selling a great guitar that you will
want to keep and play for years. We are not selling something we just want to get rid of.
Moonlightluthiers - Have pick will travel.
This guitar has a two year warranty