1 / 3
2 / 3
3 / 3
4 / 3
5 / 3
6 / 3
7 / 3
8 / 3
9 / 3
10 / 3
11 / 3
12 / 3
Hold CTRL and press "+" or "-" to increase or decrease page size
Martin 5-15T (tenor guitar) 1926
Refurbished all mahogany tenor guitar. This one is nicely playable.
Action is below 4/64 inch at 12th fret.
- Frets - new small, low profile replacing original bar frets
- Bridge - shop made Brazilian Rosewood - 1/8 inch wider, but same length and profile as original attached with hot hide glue. We had to widen the
bridge because the bridge we received was just to narrow to be stable. w
- Pins - Ebony (originals are included with the guitar)
- Saddle - vintage bone
- Nut - Ebony in exact same profile as original
- Neck - solid mahogany, one piece. Finish is all original. Nice and straight. When tuned to mandolin pitch it plays all the way up the neck.
- Braces - all original
- Top, Back, and sides - solid mahogany
- End pin - Ebony
- Dot markers - MOP
- Tuners appear to be original, but they are what we received with the guitar. There is no way to prove this. They do work, but must be
adjusted correctly using the little screws on end of eack knob. They do hold tune. Not bad for 1929.
- Reinforcing plate is original, but is repaired with Brazilian rosewood plugs. See Stewmac item 5240: a brilliant repair tool.
- This guitar was a wreck when we got it. Many cracks. Repairs are conservative but thorough as needed.
- Top, back and sides are very lightly refinished.
- Many repaired cracks. We are expert crack fixers, even cracks near the liner blocks.
Several repaired holes. These are hard to photograph. There are several dings and scratches.
- Top has one crack showing from the bridge to lower bout. Repaired and patched.
- The neck has 8-10 odd shallow dents. Cannot imagine what caused this. These are not objectionalble when playing.
- The Martin back stamp shows but is barely visible. The Martin logo is visible on back of gear head. See images.
- Far as I am able to determine, this tenor guitar has only three chords: C, D, and G. This may reflect my playing skills.