1 / 16
2 / 16
3 / 16
4 / 16
5 / 16
6 / 16
7 / 16
8 / 16
9 / 16
10 / 16
11 / 16
12 / 16
13 / 16
14 / 16
15 / 16
16 / 16
Hold CTRL and press "+" or "-" to increase or decrease page size
1975 Gibson J-45 Deluxe V-brace Restoration
Shipping - add $75
Shipping reduced by $30 for PA, VA, DE, NJ and MD residents
New hard shell case is included at no charge. This guitar is so nice, I just can’t stand shipping without a case.
Nice condition restored. Bracing is now V-brace pattern -- an amazing improvement!
Top is replaced.
Date stamp on the neck heel end indicates guitar was built April 14, 1975.
I challenge you to find a J-45 that sounds as good as this one.
Sound is truly exceptional. Very nice. Full harmonics and crunchy bass. You will not be able to put this guitar back in the case.
Guitar has had a neck reset for nice low action with plenty of saddle height.
In addition to our usual warranty this guitar has a two year structural stability warranty. See the warranty statement
on moonlightluthiers dot com for more details.
- Top - Solid Sitka spruce - old new stock Gibson replacement. (We had this top in stock for 12 years so it is nice and dry.)
- Braces - new V-brace pattern quarter sawn premium Sitka spruce
- Bridge - rosewood
- Pins - Ivoroid, plain (4966-S) - Jewelry for your guitar.
- Saddle - Graphtec TUSQ compensated and hand fitted for best performance.
- Nut - vintage bone
- End pin - Ivoroid plain (4966-EP) to match the bridge pin set.
- Neck - maple - all original
- Back and sides - solid mahogany
- Dot markers - Mother of Pearl
- Truss Rod - works good
- Truss Rod Cover - original
- Fret board - Untouched Indian rosewood
- Frets - all original (reset and adjusted)
- Tuners - original Gibson closed back
- As received, the top was ripped off by a previous owner. Therefore the sides were somewhat rough.
To preserve the original body depth, we added a very thin layer of cherry around the entire sides next to the top
binding. This structurally resolves any and all possible top attachment problems and makes the sides look good too.
- The gear head is marked with a "2" which I presume indicates this was a second. We could find only one flaw in the guitar as received, not including
the missing top. The original Gibson fret work was very poorly done. Most of the frets were not seated. We fixed and further adjusted for excellent playability. The
rest of the neck, back and sides were perfect, though a little beat up from knocking around in a shop somewhere.
- Since a bridge was not included with the guitar as received, we installed what we believe to be a correct 1975 Gibson replacement bridge. Can not claim this to be
factual as it was sold to us by a store owner anxious to get out of the business back in 2008.
MOONLIGHTLUTHIERS - Have Pick Will Travel