1 / 15
2 / 15
3 / 15
4 / 15
5 / 15
6 / 15
7 / 15
8 / 15
9 / 15
10 / 15
11 / 15
12 / 15
13 / 15
14 / 15
15 / 15
Hold CTRL and press "+" or "-" to increase or decrease page size
1975 Gibson J-45 Deluxe V-brace Restoration
New hard shell case is included.
Nice condition restored. Bracing is now V-brace pattern -- a nice improvement!
Top is replaced.
Date stamp on the neck heel end indicates guitar was built April 14, 1975.
Guitar has had a neck reset. Action at 12th fret is 4/64.
In addition to our usual warranty this guitar has a two year structural stability warranty. See the warranty statement
on moonlightluthiers dot com for more details.
- Top - Solid Sitka spruce - old new stock Gibson replacement. (We had this top in stock for 12 years so it is nice and dry.)
- Braces - new V-brace pattern quarter sawn premium Sitka spruce
- Bridge - rosewood
- Pins - Ivoroid, with black dot (4966-S) - Jewelry for your guitar.
- Saddle - bone.
- Nut - vintage bone
- Frets - all new medium profile.
- End pin - Ivoroid plain (4966-EP) to match the bridge pin set.
- Neck - maple - all original
- Back and sides - solid mahogany
- Dot markers - Mother of Pearl
- Truss Rod - works good
- Truss Rod Cover - original
- Tuners - original Gibson closed back
- Strap pin - black metal.
- As received, the top was ripped off by a previous owner. Therefore the sides were somewhat rough.
To preserve the original body depth, we added a layer of cherry around the entire sides next to the top
binding. This is glued to the kerfing. This structurally resolves any and all possible top attachment problems and makes the sides look good too.
- The gear head is marked with a "2" which I presume indicates this was a second. We could find only one flaw in the guitar as received, not including
the missing top. The original Gibson fret work was very poorly done.
- Back and sides are refinished. Top is replaced and refinished. The top is an original factory Gibson top intended for a J-45.
- Bridge pad has repaired pin hole repairs using tiny Brazilian rosewood domed plugs.
NO RETURNS ON THIS ONE